I purchased Sony VAIO for its class and reliability but now I am realizing it was a wrong decision. My laptop is having a series of problem since I brought. The biggest of them is in the LCD. It is showing a white line at a margin of 1 cm from top [shown in picture, click to enlarge]. And sometimes it also flickers. Which is absolutely ridiculous thing from a Brand like SONY.
Past few problems with VAIO [Model : FE-VGN48G/H]:
- Sometimes mute button, volume control button doesn't work properly.
- Slow on Vista as compared to the same configuration of other brands.
- Harddisk stops working sometimes and lappy hangs on.
- Battery life is around 70 minutes max. which is too less according to the Sony VAIO specification sheet.
I use my Lappy for around 7-8 hours daily. And till date I never gave a jerk or drop, so I am pretty sure that It's a electronics problem. I recommend don't buy a VAIO ever.
Help me out!! Suggest a solution to get rid out of this.
After writing an Email to Sony VAIO Support team about this problem, They suggested few steps to do:
- Update your BIOS Firmware to the latest version.
- Update your Graphic Card Driver [NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600].
- Restart your PC and Check whether problem is solved.
- If problem persist after following above steps, try Safe Mode.
- Still in trouble, Go to Sony Service Centre with Warranty Documents.