I am a great music fan and I like to know complete and correct information about the songs. Like most of the time we don't have complete information of songs like their genres, artists, composers, year and lots of other information.
To update song information directly from Window Media Player is very simple. Follow the given steps -
- Open the library in WMP
- Right-Click the song you want to update song information and select Find Album Info.
- WMP uses Web services based architecture which first intelligently try to guess album/artist information from the partly given information.
- Search the album or artist or If it is automatically searched then select appropriate song information from the given search result.
- Match the tracks with the obtained tracks.
Now you have updated the song information.
Pros & Cons of this technique
- The whole process of updating information is very quick and can be done during the playback of the song.
- No need of any other software or third-party plug-ins.
- My Experience with this feature is wonderful, I found most of the song information.
- It is quite intelligent enough to guess the Album information correctly.
- Sometimes WMP is not able to make connection with the web service.
- Not able to find information for less popular, specific geographical constrained songs.
Now you can enjoy the songs with complete information so that you can do research on your own music taste and likeliness. And it also help in managing your music library.
If you like this article then please subscribe to my RSS feed or get articles directly to your inbox.