June 18, 2006

Virus Attack !! or Window Corrupted !!

Today, when i opened my window xp i found that it is telling an error : Windows can't be load because HAL.DLL is either missing or corrupt (HAL.dll is present in your /system32/HAL.dll). Actually without HAL.DLL, Windows can not start. HAL is a system file known as Hardware Abstration Layer and it is used to communicate with all the connected hardware components of the system.
- This Symptom is shown by WindowXP when
  • either your system is infected my malicious code or virus.
  • or otherwise hal.dll is actually corropt or has been deleted.

Solution:

  1. goto the booting disk of window xp and try to repair it with the wizard.
  2. goto the folder of bootable disk(let us assume it is f:)

in command prompt type the following

> cd I386

> expand hal.dl_ c:\windows\system32\hal.dll

and restart the pc.

Now you have solve the problem and u can start windows properly.

My suggestion: after restart, use chkdsk on all the drives.

finally i able to re-get my xp without any data loss.

reference : microsoft online help.

thanks to online help of microsoft. it saves my precious OS from getting OFF.

regards,

Anjul Sahu

dept of information technology

SGSITS, Indore

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, please comment.