- This Symptom is shown by WindowXP when
- either your system is infected my malicious code or virus.
- or otherwise hal.dll is actually corropt or has been deleted.
- goto the booting disk of window xp and try to repair it with the wizard.
- goto the folder of bootable disk(let us assume it is f:)
in command prompt type the following
> cd I386
> expand hal.dl_ c:\windows\system32\hal.dll
and restart the pc.
Now you have solve the problem and u can start windows properly.
My suggestion: after restart, use chkdsk on all the drives.
finally i able to re-get my xp without any data loss.
reference : microsoft online help.
thanks to online help of microsoft. it saves my precious OS from getting OFF.
dept of information technology